Three clinicians came together four years ago from different but complementary specialties to develop a more effective, holistic tool that helps students build resilience and overcome mental health barriers.
-DIFFERENT THAN AN ONLINE COURSE
- LESS COSTLY THAN TELETHERAPY
- EMPOWERU IS BOTH IN ONE PACKAGE
EmpowerU was tested with students in 2017/18 and rolled out in 2018/19 in high schools across the Twin Cities.
The company is on track to serve over 1000 students in the 2020.
Ginny Sievers Green, OTD, OTR/L received her Master of Arts degree in occupational therapy at the University of Southern California (USC). She continued her education at USC to obtain a clinical doctorate in occupational therapy, specializing in program development for wellness and preventive services. She works with teens and young adults to assist them in achieving their wellness goals and improving their overall well-being. Her teaching experience includes program and curriculum development and implementation in a variety of settings, presenting at various conferences, and guest lecturing several college-level courses.
Abby Master, MS CCC-SLP received her Master of Science degree for communication sciences and disorders at the University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire. She later received her clinical training certificate from Social Thinking ™. Abby works primarily with students with social anxiety and nuanced social challenges. She teaches her clients the underpinnings of social cognition to not only succeed with meaningful peer connections, but also with socially driven coursework (group projects, language arts, written expression, etc.).
Katie Dorn, MA, LSC, MFT Katie has over a decade of experience as both a licensed K-12 School Counselor and licensed therapist. After serving as a high school counselor in the western suburbs of Minneapolis, Katie worked at Adler Graduate school as adjunct faculty and a program director in the school counseling graduate program. She helped align curriculum with state standards as well as gathered data to measure program effectiveness and outcomes. A mother of seven grown children and a successful entrepreneur, Katie is passionate about finding effective ways to help students and families with anxiety, depression and avoidance. Linked in Bio here
Our mission is to empower students to overcome barriers to success, learn how to make effective personal change and achieve their goals. We have brought together the best evidenced-based practices of our three disciplines to create a course and program that is holistic, engaging, relevant and effective.
All students can thrive through accountability and ownership, even in the midst of social and academic pressures. By building each student’s self-awareness, emotional agility, strengths and motivation, we can help engage and empower students to excel.
● We believe accountability and ownership are the foundation for motivation and growth.
● We believe a holistic view of a student helps them develop life balance and will create growth in each academic and social facet.
● We believe a personalized approach, rooted in relationship, helps build relational trust and creates a safe environment for students to face their obstacles and difficult emotions so they can start creating a new path toward their goals.
● We believe that by building a program using evidence based interventions measured by outcome data, we will continuously improve our program so that all students move toward success.