STEP ONE: Student Talking Points (Invite student to your Office or Zoom Meeting/Google Meet if Remote
Here is a link to a School FAQ with lots of answers to commonly asked questions if you need it. FAQ LINK
- Talk to the student about their obstacles and personal struggles – If they are stuck and discouraged, anxious, lacking confidence or low mood – ask if they would like a chance for things to be different by receiving daily support that would help them create a path to overcome those struggles. It is proven to work and is all online – just 10-15 minutes a day with embedded daily coaching that helps support student each day.
- Introduce EmpowerU as hope – an option to invest in their personal growth each day — 10-15 minutes a day to build skills so they can learn to handle life’s challenges and control their thoughts and emotions. The course is all about them and building resilience.
- A Way to Create a Path Forward and Meet Goals: Students will set and meet goals with daily support – and start to take small steps each day to making positive change in their life! We as EmpowerU Coaches walk beside students to check in daily — making sure they feel seen, heard, valued and respected.
- Explain that building resilience is the best predictor of future success and they will earn a resume-building Resilence Training Micro-Certification upon Completion. Resilience is the key factor in success and companies and employers know that the training they receive will help them navigate future challenges as well.
Click HERE for an email template you can use to reach out to students about enrolling in EmpowerU
STEP TWO: Show Student Video Below - Great to email if student remote
STEP THREE: Review Course Expectations with Student
- Once enrolled, students will receive a link to the course.
- They need to activate the link within 2 school days and get started and complete the first two training modules of EmpowerU with 4 days, and the six lessons in Unit 1 in the first 8 days to stay in good standing and retain your seat in the course.
- Students should designate a 10 minute window each school day to complete one complete lesson in EmpowerU.
- EmpowerU works on a smart phone, laptop, school computer or tablet. The course works best in Google CHROME.
- At the recommended pace of 5 lessons/week you will complete the EmpowerU Training in 11-12 weeks. Mark your target completion date on your calendar now.
- Upon completion, students will receive thier Micro-Certification to add to their resume. Their school will be notified as well.
STEP FOUR: Have Student Complete EmpowerU Enrollment
If meeting in person, sit with the student as they complete the form to ensure enrollment. If sending an email with link, remind them that they have 24 hours for the link to work and enroll.