A Parent is a Child’s Greatest Teacher
Families are facing more stress than ever – and without coping tools, stress can come out in unwanted ways, such as anger, avoidance, melt-downs and fighting. Recovering from these outbursts can often leave both caregivers and children feeling exhausted and depleted. EmpowerU’s self-paced, at-home family program helps caregivers and children process big feelings in a positive way, increasing confidence, self-control and resilience – together.
Healthy Emotions, Happy Families
We know families need and want skills and strategies to navigate day-to-day challenges. But with all they have on their plates, families prefer programs that are easy to access and delivered on their schedule. They are asking for concrete tools that drive real-time outcomes and make their households more calm and joyful.
EmpowerU’s family engagement program helps school districts and childcare programs equip families with a structured resilience program for children and caregivers to complete together at home, boosting their self-regulation, coping skills, and calm, with access to:
- 12 self-paced online lessons that guide families through engaging videos, scripted family activities and digital books that reinforce key self-regulation and resilience concepts.
- At-home journal with fun activities that families complete together after every lesson, helping them apply lesson concepts to their lives in a way that propels change.
- Audio calming tools that are easy to use between lessons to create calm and practice self-regulation.
- Access to EmpowerU hosted webinars to learn about the value of this program.
- A certificate of completion for families that may serve as required parent education.
Helping Families Take Charge
PreK and elementary students are at the perfect stage to learn about their internal locus of control. When students learn how to tap into their internal locus of control, they gain the skills to listen to their inner coach (and tune out their inner critic) to navigate difficult times in positive, healthy ways.
The internal locus of control, or inner coach, is represented by Charge™, a lovable character who is featured in the curriculum’s videos and learning materials. Charge™ helps engage both children and parents, reminding them of the power they have over their thoughts and emotions.
Why Family Engagement?
Research shows that strong family engagement is central in promoting children’s healthy development and wellness, including social-emotional and behavioral development, preparing children for school, seamlessly transitioning them to kindergarten, and supporting academic achievement in elementary school and beyond.
EmpowerU is the skilled partner schools need to support families in this work in an effective and affordable way. Together, we will create equitable care for student success and support the families who need it most.