STEP ONE: Student Talking Points (Invite student to your Office or Zoom Meeting/Google Meet if Remote)
Here is a link to a School FAQ with lots of answers to commonly asked questions if you need it. FAQ LINK
Below Are Recommended Talking Points When You Meet with Students:
- Talk to the student about their obstacles and personal struggles – If they are stuck and discouraged, anxious, lacking confidence or low mood – ask if they would like a chance for things to be different by receiving daily support that would help them create a path to overcome those struggles. It is proven to work and is all online – just 15-20 minutes a day with embedded daily coaching that helps support student each day.
- Introduce EmpowerU as hope – an option to invest in their personal growth each day. This course is a chance for them to earn credit as they build skills so they can learn to handle life’s challenges and control their thoughts and emotions. The course is all about them – and 1000’s of students have taken it and found it to be incredibly helpful.
- A Way to Create a Path Forward and Meet Goals: Students will set and meet goals with daily support – and start to take small steps each day to making positive change in their life! We as EmpowerU Coaches walk beside students to check in daily — making sure they feel seen, heard, valued and respected.
- Explain that building resilience is the best predictor of future. This is their chance to control one thing in their life – by investing the time in personal development.
STEP TWO: Show Student Video Below - Great to email if student remote
STEP THREE: Review Course Expectations with Student (EMAIL IS FINE)
Once a student is enrolled in the course, they will receive an email from their Instructor and they will follow up with you from there – just like an instructor in any other course. Here are the course expectations.
- Your EmpowerU Instructor will send a link to EmpowerU, copying the school and parent/guardian on the email for accountability.
- It is expected that students will activate the link within 2 school days and get started and complete the first two lessons of EmpowerU with 4 days, and the six lessons in Unit 1 in the first 8 days. This first lesson is critical to finish in order to be considered activated and retain your seat in the course.
- Student should designate a 20 minute window each school day to complete one complete lesson in EmpowerU. Agree on that specific time with your school counselor now.
- EmpowerU works on a smart phone, laptop, school computer or tablet. The course works best in Google CHROME.
- At the recommended pace of 5 lessons/week you will complete the course in 11-12 weeks. Mark your target completion date on your calendar now.
- Upon completion, you will receive a pass/fail grade and one semester (.5) elective credit.
Non-engagement in the course will lead to possible withdrawal from the course, with no credit.
This is a credit bearing course, and should be treated as such. Be sure to respond to your instructor’s text and emails within 24 hours.
STEP FOUR: Notify Parent/Guardian
We make it easy to inform parents about EmpowerU if your school is required to do that….. just copy and paste the below email to the parent/guardian. Inform parents they can reply and type “okay” to give approval to proceed with the student enrollment.
STEP FIVE: Counselor/Social Worker School Intake Form
The final step of student enrollment is to complete the school intake form.
Click on this link to do so.
Once the form is complete, we do the rest and will communicate with you about your student’s progress in EmpowerU.
Email email@example.com or call 612 -964-4168.